The Point

Sunday, April 20, 2008

One hundred clicks


The lytic phase, the lytic phase!

I took a bio class in university for the first time this semester. I like biology.

1. I get to play with expensive chemicals
2. I get to figure out how things work, but I'm not always right and often there are many things which remain a mystery
3. I am passing the course by a wide margin, giving me a smug sense of self-satisfaction thinking of the registrar's office at my old university telling me I would be unable to do so
4. There are increasingly bizarre things to learn about every day. Like bacteriophages, viruses that attack bacteria. The picture above is an actual electron micrograph of one. Bizaaaare.

Also this is my one hundredth post. Yay! Have a piece of cake on me.

Labels: ,

posted by Christopher at 12:44 p.m.

0 Comments:

Add a comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.